Infertility problems have become common in men and women. Fortunately, with medical advancement, it has made it possible for the couple to get an effective and best treatment plan. This guide will provide you detailed information on how the doctor checks fertility and infertility treatment options available at the best IVF centre in Punjab.
How does the fertility expert check your fertility?
- To determine you are infertile or not, the doctor will go over your health history, sexual history, medications, and sex habits.
- Men need to get a physical examination. Mostly, it includes a sperm analysis that helps to test sperm health.
- For women, the test will include knowing about medical history and doing a physical examination. The test will include a pelvic examination. After that, the doctor will make sure you ovulate regularly. This means checking whether the ovaries are releasing the eggs or not.
- To check the hormonal levels, a blood test is done. The doctor might do an ultrasound to check the uterus and ovaries. In some cases, the women have issues with fallopian tubes and uterus, which is checked through a special X-ray.
What are the best infertility treatment options?
- In some cases, surgery is needed if there is varicocele or a blockage in the vas deferens which is the tube that carries the sperm.
- Antibiotics to treat infection in the reproductive organs.
- Counseling and medication are needed to treat the issue of ejaculation or erection.
- If the hormone levels are low then hormone treatment is given to the treatment.
- Fertility drugs and hormones help the women to ovulate or restore the hormone levels.
- Surgery is used to remove tissue that blocks fertility or it affects the opening of fallopian tubes.
During the IUI ((intrauterine insemination) procedure, the sperm is collected and placed directly inside the woman’s uterus while she is ovulating.
IVF treatment (In-Vitro-Fertilization)
IVF is the most successful treatment option for the couple. You might not know but this treatment is also considered as the first option of treatment. During the treatment, women need to take fertility medications to increase the egg count. Once, enough eggs are produced they will be retrieved from the ovaries and kept in a controlled environment in a lab along with sperm. This process results in fertilization and then the embryo is formed which is transferred back to the woman’s reproductive tract.
Consult the best fertility doctor
This will help you to choose customized treatment plans which increases your chances of conception. If you have any doubt, then make sure to consult our fertility doctor at any time. For better understanding, book your appointment today only!