If you are wondering what happened to your sperm production, you might be lacking in some essential nutrients. According to the IVF centre, the male partner needs to have a balanced diet containing all the vitamins and minerals for proper sperm production. Not only that, a nutritious diet also helps in maintaining the motility and quality of the sperm. Before you think of using the IVF technique with your partner for becoming a father, know your nutrients.
It is really helpful in initiating sperm motility. You can find it in milk and milk products, especially cheese and curd.
This mineral helps in the accurate formation of mid piece and flagella of the sperm.
The vitamin known primarily for its benefits to the skin is also helpful in giving energy to the sperm by improving the mitochondrial function.
This helps in preventing the chances of chromosomal abnormality.
The vitamin found in lemon, tomatoes, and oranges helps in the Improvement of sperm quality.
This vitamin helps in the synthesis of RNA and DNA. It also plays an important role in the growth of seminiferous tubules.
The vitamin again helps in the development of healthy sperm and seminiferous tubules development.
A diet containing the following will help in raising the chances of conception –
- Sunflower butter-It is a good source of vitamin E.
- Grapefruit juice and oranges will supplement the low vitamin C levels. This vitamin helps in improving Chromosomal integrity.
- Non vegetarian food such as Liver and beef or goat ham is rich sources of vitamin A, B12, riboflavin, and folate. Consuming these will reduce the risk of birth defects in the fetus.
- Cooked tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant. It helps in enhancing infertility. Cooked tomato has double the lycopene than raw tomatoes.
- Lentils & beans: Plant proteins contain polyamine spermidine, which helps fertilize the egg. High Spermidine levels result in a high sperm count in men. Lentils & beans are a good source for improving your folate levels and your fiber intake. So include a lot of asparagus as it is rich in folate, vitamin k, zinc, and selenium.
- Eating Oysters will help you in enriching your iron, b 12, selenium, and zinc levels.
- Consuming Pomegranate will help in improving the concentration & motility of the sperm.
- Walnuts are a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids. You will be delighted to know that the tasty dry fruit helps in improving the motility, vitality, and morphology of the sperm.
- Eggs are relished for their taste but they are packed with nutrition, especially b-complex and omega 3 fatty acids. Thus, having eggs will not only enrich your vitamin b levels but also help in the reduction of birth defects.
- Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C, which helps in improving the motility of sperm. Pineapple also contains Bromelain, a natural enzyme known for its anti-inflammatory effect.