There are several reasons that are responsible for infertility in females, and because of infertility, females are not able to become mothers after so many tries. Infertility is not only common in females. Most males are also suffering from infertility. The main reasons for infertility are unhealthy diet plans and poor lifestyle.
In vitro fertilization is also known as IVF. It is a complex series of procedures that can lead to a pregnancy. It is an infertility treatment, a condition in which you can not get pregnant after at least a year of trying for most couples. IVF also can be used to prevent passing on genetic problems to a child. During the procedure of in vitro fertilization, mature eggs are collected from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. A procedure is done to place one or more fertilized eggs, which are known as embryos, in a uterus where babies develop. There are several IVF Success Stories in Punjab who have their child through IVF.
Success story of IVF after facing a failure for IVF treatment.
Many people are enjoying their parenthood after having a baby through IVF treatment. We had a patient whose name we could not disclose because she did not want to tell her details to others. She got the treatment from jalandhar but because of some reasons she faced a failure in in-vitro-fertilization. She discussed her history of IVF with the best doctor at the IVF centre in Punjab, Gem Hospital and IVF Centre.
What are the reasons behind the failure?
A failure in IVF treatment occurs during the implantation; implantation was not done properly, which could be the reason for the failure of in vitro fertilization. The following points can be a reason for failure.
- Egg Quality and Quantity: The quality and quantity of eggs are vital for successful IVF outcomes. As women age, the number and quality of their eggs naturally decline. Advanced maternal age, as observed in the case of the patient in this study, who was 43 years old, can significantly impact the chances of successful fertilization and implantation.
- Sperm Quality: Male infertility factors, such as poor sperm quality or DNA fragmentation, can also contribute to failed IVF cycles. When sperm quality is compromised, it may affect fertilization and the subsequent development of embryos, reducing the chances of a successful pregnancy.
- Embryo Quality: The quality of embryos formed during IVF plays a crucial role in successful implantation. Poor embryo quality, characterized by irregular cell division or chromosomal abnormalities, can impede implantation and lead to failed cycles.
- Uterine Factors: Conditions affecting the uterus, such as abnormalities in the uterine lining or the presence of uterine fibroids, can hinder implantation and the development of a healthy pregnancy.
- Hormonal Imbalances and Other Factors: Hormonal imbalances, immune system issues, implantation failure, or undiagnosed fertility issues can also contribute to failed IVF cycles.
Case study of IVF treatment
- General description of the case: The patient was 44 years old and had a BMI of 25. She has previously undergone 2 IVF cycles without success, but the reasons were the same in both times. In the second cycle, three eggs were retrieved, but none of them were fertilized.
- Start of Treatment and Diagnostics: The woman was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve, indicating a diminished number of eggs available for fertilization.
- Treatment Protocol and Procedures: To address the challenges faced by the patient, the medical team decided that the repeated failed IVF cycles were due to the quality and limited quantity of the patient’s eggs. As a result, it was determined to utilize eggs from a donor.
- Results before Embryo Transfer: As part of the treatment, ten eggs were obtained from a donor, and out of those, 4 viable blastocysts were developed.
- Embryo Transfer: During the embryo transfer, a single blastocyst at the Day 5 stage was transferred into the patient’s uterus. A pregnancy test two weeks later showed a positive result, indicating successful implantation.
- Pregnancy Outcome: During the embryo transfer, the patient’s pregnancy progressed positively. She gave birth to a healthy baby girl in January 2013 and enjoys motherhood after experiencing two failures.
Infertility is a widespread problem nowadays, and for the treatment of it, people go for IVF treatment. If you are also suffering from the same problem, then contact Gem Hospital and the IVF centre for the treatment of infertility. We offer you the treatment at the cheapest IVF Cost in Punjab.