What is IVF?
IVF stands for In-Vitro-Fertilization. During this fertility treatment, the fertility expert will collect the eggs and sperm and fertilize them in the lab. After the formation of embryos, the doctor will transfer it into the uterus of the woman. If you are the one who is trying to conceive naturally and are unable to do it then meet the best fertility expert in an IVF centre in Punjab. There is a proper process of IVF that are mentioned below:
The fertility expert will examine the woman. He will also ask about the medical history of yourself, family, and so on. Then he will recommend your blood test, ultrasound of the vagina. In men, the fertility expert performs semen analysis. In some cases, they will ask a male partner to give a sperm sample.
After examining the doctor will recommend women undergo some tests such as saline sonogram. In this, the doctor will check whether there is any abnormality in the uterus or not. Doctors also recommend HSG tests. HSG stands for a hysterosalpingogram. This fertility expert will examine the fallopian tubes of the patient. They also examine whether a patient is suffering from polyps, fibroids, or blocked tube problems or not.
Undergoing the treatment
After examining male and female partners the doctor starts the IVF process. The fertility expert will collect good quality eggs from female partners and good quality sperm from male partners and do the fertilization process and transfer the formed embryo in the uterus of the woman. And after some time a pregnancy test will be conducted.
Who is suitable for undergoing IVF treatment?
- If you are suffering from the things that are mentioned below then IVF is beneficial for you.
- If you are suffering from endometriosis.
- If your age is above 35 years.
- If a woman is experiencing DOP i.e. diminished ovarian reserve.
- If you are experiencing blocked, injured fallopian tubes.
- The male partner is not having good sperm quality.
- The female partner is not having good quality eggs.
- Couples are unable to conceive due to genetic disorder.
- If you are one of those couples who are experiencing any of the above-mentioned problems then undergoing IVF treatment is beneficial for you.
How long is the IVF process?
Excluding diagnostic workups, the full IVF cycle takes three weeks. During the time of ovarian stimulation, retrieval and transfer take place. Then fertility experts will wait for 10 days and check whether you are getting pregnant or not.
IVF and Stress
The couple should not take much stress during IVF treatment. In fact, stress is one of the main causes of infertility. So you should avoid stress and do yoga, walking, some exercises will help you in relaxing your mind.
Cost of the procedure
- The IVF procedure cost depends on various factors that are mentioned below:
- Experience of the doctor.
- Location of the hospital or clinic and much more.