When you are looking for fertility treatment, it can seem a lot. Your gynecologist in Punjab has told you to undergo fertility treatment for improving the conception chances. Visiting the IVF centre in Punjab for the first time can be stressful as you don’t know what to expect.
Ideally, the best treatment options are IVF, IUI, and ICSI. The patients often ask about which treatment option is best. Through this blog, you will be informed about which treatment plan is worth considering for your condition.
What is IVF?
IVF stands for In-Vitro-Fertilization
In this treatment, fertility drugs are used for ovarian stimulation which produces good quality eggs. After that, the eggs are retrieved and fertilized along with sperm. The sperm can be your partners or donors. Both of them are placed in a special dish and they are closely monitored to look for the signs of fertilization. This process results in embryo development and then it will be transferred back to the women’s reproductive tract. It is placed into the uterus when it will result in pregnancy.
Benefits of IVF
- Through IVF, the chances of fertilization are increased.
- The best quality embryo is selected which improves the conception chances.
- Embryo selection is done through preimplantation genetic screening, and time-lapse monitoring.
- If the embryos are of good quality, they can be frozen for future use.
What are the reasons to do IVF?
IVF is designed to overcome the different fertility issues. Be it sperm issue, blocked fallopian tube, or damage, IVF can be a beneficial option for the fertility couple.
What is ICSI?
ICSI stands for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
With the ICSI technique, the sperm is mixed with the egg in the lab. The fertility expert will select the best and healthy sperm for the extraction. Following that, it is injected into the egg directly.
Benefits of ICSI
- ICSI is beneficial for the couple whose partner has sperm issues.
- The other stages of fertilization are bypassed
- The sperm of the best quality is used for fertilization.
What are the reasons to do ICSI?
ICSI treatment is best for male infertility and this includes:
- Poor sperm motility
- Low sperm count
- Helps to surgical retrieve sperm
- Patients with a high level of DNA damage
Although if the problem is not because of sperm, then IVF is suggested.
What is IUI?
IUI stands for Intrauterine Insemination
During this approach, the partner or donor sperm is inserted into the uterus during ovulation. This approach will increase the chances of conception.
When is IUI recommended?
- Patients who need donor sperm will choose IUI
- If IUI is suggested then fallopian tubes need to be clear so that the eggs are fertilized.
- The patient with irregular ovulation can be benefited from fertility drugs along with IUI.
Summing it all up
The initial fertility testing will help to decide which treatment plan is beneficial for you. If you are feeling overwhelmed about which treatment to choose then talk to the fertility experts for a better understanding.