Male infertility and low sperm count
Around 33% of the infertility cases account for male infertility. In such cases, one of the common reasons is low sperm count. Most male partners don’t even know they have the problem until they consider having a family. If you encounter a problem while planning to conceive, then you need to visit one of the best IVF centre in Punjab to learn more about the right treatment plan.
Factors that affect sperm quality
Some of the factors that affect sperm quality based on different factors are:
- Reduced sperm count due to aging, obesity, smoking, and drinking alcohol. So, control all these habits to improve the given condition. If you have any of these conditions, make sure to begin on-time Low sperm count treatment in Bathinda under expert supervision.
- Sperm motility gets affected, which means sperm cannot move like normal.
- Sperm shape is not normal due to factors like infection, varicocele, congenital problems, addiction, and other reasons.
What are the symptoms of weak sperm?
Some of the major signs and symptoms behind male infertility are:
- Low sex drive
- Diluted semen
- Losing hair on the body or face
- Lump emergence in the testicle
- ED (Erectile dysfunction)
- Testicle pain or swelling
- Low semen volume
If you have any of these conditions, then make sure to visit one of the top-rated IVF centre in Punjab to make an informed decision.
Fertility tests to check for male infertility
There are a few tests the male partner needs to undergo to confirm male infertility
- Genetic tests
- Hormonal tests
- Testicular biopsy
- Testicular Ultrasound
Did you know?
The chances of weak or low sperm count are higher who have:
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular problem
- Sexual dysfunction
- Undergone surgery for groin, penis, or other problem
What are the reasons for low sperm count?
Although no 2 individuals have a similar condition, but some of the common reasons for low sperm count are:
- Genetic problem
- Hormonal imbalance
- Smoking and drinking problem
- Undergone testicle surgery
- Testicle overheating
- Genetical tract problem
- Prostate and genital tract infection
- Getting exposed to a toxic substance like ethylene oxide, cadmium, mercury, vinyl chloride, or radioactive material
- Kick in the testicles
- Taking some type of medications that affect sperm health
- Testis rotation
- Health issues include liver failure, kidney disease, heart attack, diabetes, and AIDS.
- Being overweight
- Hernia repair surgery
- Air pollution and toxic substance affects overall sperm health
- Late puberty
- Physical, emotional, and psychological stress
Treatment for low sperm count
Once your fertility doctor finds out the reason, you will get the necessary treatment. Like antibiotics for sperm disorders and surgical plans for varicocele. It’s all about improving the necessary state by analyzing the given problem. In case the given options don’t work, then the doctor suggests:
- The ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) means when sperm will be inserted directly into the egg.
- Gonadotropin injection. Although is noot for the male if balanced hormone or low sperm count reason is not known
- Sperm donation
Well! It’s vital to start your low sperm count treatment on time, schedule an initial consultation at Gem Hospital & IVF Centre.