What is a laparoscopic hysterectomy?
Laparoscopic hysterectomy is the surgical method for removing the uterus. During this surgical method, the uterus is separated from the part where it is present and then it is removed by taking small pieces by making an incision or taken through the vagina. Although, undergoing this approach can lead to physical and psychological consequences. Ideally, the hysterectomy is suggested by the doctor in the given below conditions:
- Painful or heavy menstrual cycle
- Pelvic Pain
- Patients undergoing cancer treatment
Cost of Laparoscopic hysterectomy
The cost of a Laparoscopic hysterectomy in India can range from Rs 1.25 lakh to Rs 3.25 lakh. If you would like to undergo the procedure and want to know the exact amount which you have to pay then consult the medical expert.
What are the procedures to perform a hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy can be performed through 3 types:
Here, we are talking about laparoscopic surgery because it offers several benefits like reduced recovery time, post-operative pain, and much more.
How is Laparoscopic hysterectomy performed?
First of all, the doctor will give you general anesthesia to put you at ease to perform the procedure. The doctor will make a small incision that is just below the umbilicus. Later the abdomen is inflated with gas and then a laparoscope is inserted which helps to view the internal organs in the body.
In addition, the incision is made on the abdomen by making tiny surgical instruments. Later, the cervix and uterus are removed:
- With or without ovaries (both of them)
- With or without tubes (both of them)
Do you know?
A Laparoscope is a thin tube that is referred to as a fiber-optic instrument.
What are the precautions to take before a Laparoscopic hysterectomy?
- Take your regular medications, only when the doctor has given the green signal.
- You have to get your bowel empty before the surgery. So, make sure that your diet is liquid-based which includes juices, drinks, jellies, and soups.
- You don’t have to smoke, otherwise, it can complicate the results of the surgery or can even lead to complications before that.
How is the recovery period in Laparoscopic hysterectomy?
- Due to the effect of anesthesia, you might feel sleepy for a few hours.
- It is normal to experience back or shoulder pain because of the usage of gas. This will get back to its normal state within one day or 2.
- It is normal to feel lethargic for a few days after the treatment.
- Do not do any kind of exercise or heavy activity till the time your recovery period is going on.
- It will take around 3 months for you to get back to your daily life.
Following this treatment, you won’t be able to conceive or menstruate. If you feel nausea or pain is getting way worse than expected, you have to get in touch with your doctor.
Are there any risks and complications with Laparoscopic hysterectomy?
With any surgical treatment, the risks and complications are normal. No doubt, choosing the best medical expert will reduce the chances of risk. Although, some of the risk factors are:
- The issue with the anesthesia
- Internal organs injury
- Infection and bleeding
The complications can occur due to different reasons like not taking proper care of yourself before the surgery, or being negligent on certain factors which can pose a great risk to your current state.
Schedule your initial consultation
The doctor will talk you through the entire process and even clear all your concerns about the treatment.