In some cases, when the women try to conceive they are not able to do. This is due to the infertility problem they are experiencing. Well, in that case, there are two procedures which your fertility doctor can recommend you to improve the conception chances. In this article, we have mentioned the laparoscopy and hysteroscopy procedure so that you can understand them in a better manner.
What is Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed under general anesthesia and this means the patient is not aware of what is happening. Same day as the procedure the patient can go home. A small tube known as a catheter is inserted to collect urine and carbon dioxide gas is filled into the abdomen with a small needle. This reduces the risk of injury and keeps the abdominal wall away from gas.
The laparoscope device has a small camera attached to it which helps in showing the images. According to the diagnosis, the surgeon will further do the surgery.
What is Hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy helps in examining the inside of the womb with a fine telescope. Through the cervix and vagina, a small telescope is inserted into the womb cavity. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia. After that, the surgeon will inspect the womb lining. The device has a camera attached to it which helps in showing the images on the TV screen. It might be possible that biopsy needs to be done for womb lining. This is done by inserting the small sampler and it takes around 10 to 20 seconds. This results in a cramp-like sensation that settles quickly.
What does this procedure help in treating?
These procedures can be used to diagnose the following conditions:
- Uterine fibroids
- History of pelvic infection
- Uterine anomalies
- Endometrial polyps
Moreover, these procedures can help in removing the scar tissue, remove fibroids, endometrial lesions, remove cysts, and correct congenital abnormalities.
Helps in improving conception chances
- The fertility chances are improved with these procedures. In case, the patient is suffering from polyp then it will be removed surgically so that women can conceive naturally or with assisted reproductive technology.
- One of the studies showed that submuscular fibroids decrease the conception chances and with this removal, the women can conceive.
- Moreover, the studies have shown that laparoscopy procedures remove the dilated fallopian tubes and this has helped in improving the conception chances by 50%.
- The procedures also help in looking inside the pelvis to see the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and womb. This is useful in diagnosing the problem or correcting it.
Discovering the Infertility Causes
The researchers have shown that it helps in diagnosing the reason which was previously known as unexplained infertility. Some studies have shown that this procedure helps improve the conception chances of severe infertility. In mild cases also there is evidence that surgical management will improve the results.
So, it is clear that both these procedures are useful in evaluating and treating different reasons for infertility. Before starting the IVF procedures, these procedures can be performed which will improve the conception chances.