What is IVF?
During IVF, the eggs and sperm are collected from the ovaries & then fertilized in the lab. Once the embryo is formed it is put back to the women’s reproductive tract. When you have made the tough decision to start your own family, you must consult a gynecologist in Punjab. If you are facing trouble conceiving for 6 months or 1 year, then this option is best for you. You need to visit the best IVF centre in Punjab to get the best treatment plan.
When do you need to get a sperm donation?
- Poor quality sperm in the semen or need to get ICSI.
- Semen sample contains no sperm
- A genetic disorder that can pass to the child
- Infection disease which can pass to the child
- Blood group not compatible with yours
When do you need to get Egg donations?
- You have gone through menopause and some women undergo it early.
- THE previous IVF cycle has failed
- Chromosomal abnormality
Who is recommended to get IVF?
For the women under 40, is recommended to undergo 3 full IVF cycle if:
- When the woman is trying to conceive for 2 years, despite the fact the couple is having unprotected sex.
- For the patients, who have undergone 12 cycles of artificial insemination. In this procedure, the sperm is inserted into the womb directly
All those who are between the age of 40 to 42, need to get one full IVF cycle under the following condition:
- Previously undergone 12 cycles of artificial insemination
- Never undergo the IVF treatment
- Fertility tests to check the ovaries whether they will respond to the fertility drugs or not.
- All those who are trying to conceive through unprotected or regular sex for 2 years.
- The doctor has made you understand the risk involved with the treatment when you try to conceive after this age.
Unfortunately, IVF treatment is often unsuccessful. These percentages show the average chance of birth from IVF treatment per cycle, depending on a woman’s age:
- Under 35: Above 40%
- Between the age of 35-37: 23%
- Between the age of 38-39: 15%
- Between the age of 40-42: 9%
- Between the age of 43-44: 3%
- over 44: 2%.
The success of IVF treatment depends on different factors like age, the total number of cycles, previous pregnancies, overall health, and the reason for infertility.
What is the procedure of IVF?
Step 1 – Stop the menstrual cycle
Step 2 – Ovarian stimulation to increase the egg count
Step 3 – Egg retrieval (Either from the partner or donor)
Step 4 – Getting sperm (Either from the partner or donor)
Step 5 – Fertilization
Step 6 – Embryo Development
Step 7 – Embryo transfer
Following the embryo transfer, you need to wait for 2 weeks, to find out the results of the pregnancy. At this time, you should focus on your health and do not take any stress. The fertility expert will tell you when you need to visit for the test.
What if the treatment doesn’t work?
If the results are not successful, then the doctor will suggest you wait for a few months, so that the body can recover.
If you have any doubt, then consult the fertility expert and get started with the treatment in the right approach.