What are Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy?
Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are two minimally invasive surgical procedures used by fertility experts for diagnosing and treating infertility. If you have suspected uterine fibroids, endometrial polyps, endometriosis, and uterine anomalies or a history of pelvic infection then the doctor may suggest hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. If you are facing problems conceiving then visit our IVF centre in Punjab.
How laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are beneficial?
With laparoscopy and hysteroscopy you can get benefit in following conditions:
- These procedures help to remove scar tissue.
- Remove fibroids
- Remove endometriosis lesions or cysts
- Clear the fallopian tube
- Correct Congenital abnormalities like adhesions or uterine septum
- Can be best for complex adhesions
- Correct tubal ligation reversal
According to your condition, the doctor will tell you what will work for you the best to increase your chances of conception.
How does it help with conception?
- Some studies have shown removing endometrial polyps with hysteroscopy corrects fertility and this increases the pregnancy chances. It is recommended that patients with polyps should get surgical treatment. By doing so, chances of natural conception or success rate through assisted reproductive technology are increased.
- One of the studies has shown that looking at fertility and uterine fibroids have shown that fertility outcomes are decreased. The IVF success rate is improved by 50% by removing the affected fallopian tubes. This treatment is highly recommended to the patients for improving conception chances.
Uncovering the fertility causes
- One of the research has shown that laparoscopy can uncover the fertility diagnosis like for the cases of unexplained infertility. It is extremely helpful. If the woman is diagnosed with severe endometriosis it can lead to huge scar tissue or pelvic anatomy is affected which hampers fertility.
- If the woman has a severe endometriosis surgical option without identifying the infertility factors can improve fertility drastically.
Some of the studies have shown that it can result in positive outcomes but there is a need for forty laparoscopies to get successful results with pregnancy. However, there is no sufficient study to prove that mild or minimal endometriosis is suggested to increase the chances of pregnancy.
Both laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are considered as an important tool for understanding the reason of infertility and accordingly suggesting the patient what is best for their condition. In some cases, these procedures can be performed before IVF to increase the chances of conception.
Consult the experienced fertility doctor
During IVF treatment, women are given medication to increase the egg count. Once enough quality eggs are produced, they will be retrieved and kept with sperm in a controlled environment. This results in embryo formation, and its development is checked for 5 to 6 days. The embryologist will select the healthiest embryo and transfer it back to the women’s reproductive tract. If you are facing problems then you need to consult the best fertility doctor. For further information, book your consultation today only.