Fertility tests are an important part of the treatment and to evaluate the patient’s condition. When you consult the best gynecologist in Punjab it will help you understand what is preventing you to get pregnant. Your gyne will do some basic testing and if the condition is severe then you will be referred to a fertility expert. When you visit the best IVF centre in Punjab, the fertility doctor will perform different tests to check male and female infertility.
Female Fertility Tests
First of all, not every case is the same so the doctor will perform a customized treatment approach for you. The doctor will suggest you different fertility testing which includes:
• Perform a gynecological examination
• Check for the Sexually transmitted disease, as some of them can cause infertility
• Do blood work to check for:
• Antiphospholipid syndrome (Recurrent miscarriage)
• Check the hormonal balance which includes FSH, Thyroid hormone, LH, Estradiol, Progesterone, Androgen hormone, and AMH.
• Ultrasound to check the polycystic ovaries, fibroids, larger ovarian cysts, and to check ovulation. It will help to check the uterus shape and uterine lining thickness.
• Antral follicle count will check the egg count in the ovaries which is done through ultrasound.
• HSG stands for a hysterosalpingogram, will check the fallopian tubes whether they are blocked or not.
• During Endometrial biopsy small tissue is taken from the uterus lining, although it is not that common.
• Hysteroscopy is done to take a close look at the uterus for abnormalities. While this, the doctor will also perform an endometrial biopsy.
• During Sonohysterogram a sterile solution is placed inside the uterus and it is checked with the help of ultrasound.
Male Fertility Tests
Semen analysis is one of the main tests to check male infertility to check the semen sample at the lab. In most cases, this is the test that diagnoses the reason behind male infertility.
• Urologist conduct the general physical examination
• Semen analysis checks sperm genetic testing and the reason for the immobile sperm.
• Blood work is done to check the hormonal level through testosterone & FSH. in some cases, prolactin, estradiol, and LH are done.
• The doctor will do STD testing
• Ultrasound helps to check the scrotum and seminal vesicles
• Testicular biopsy to take a testicular tissue with the help of minor surgery.
Couple Fertility Tests
Some of the fertility tests are done to check the condition of both the partners which include post-coital testing and genetic karyotyping. If there is the problem of recurrent miscarriage then the doctor will suggest this test. It is done with the help of a blood test.
On the other hand, with PCT the cervical mucus sample is checked through a pelvic examination after the couple has sexual intercourse.
Get a better understanding from the fertility expert
You must talk to the fertility expert to understand what the test result means and what you need to do to improve your chances of conception. The doctor will suggest a customized treatment approach depending on the results of fertility testing.