The food you eat plays an essential role in your overall health. The body uses the nutrients which you eat and supplements to produce hormones, repair cells, and most importantly the health of egg and sperm is also improved.
- In a day eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
- Whole grains like oats, brown rice, and wholemeal bread
- Avoid trans fats
- Increase fiber intake
- Fish and organic eggs than red meat
- Avoid preservatives
- Avoid sugar both on its own and hidden in food
- Eliminate caffeine like coffee, tea, colas, chocolate, and alcohol
- Eliminate processed food
Studies have shown that when a person focuses on their diet it helps to improve male fertility. In case you and your partner are not able to conceive then you should talk to the fertility doctor at the best IVF centre.
Essential mineral and nutrients
Carbohydrates are very important and they are of 2 types, simple and complex. Complex carbohydrates include whole grains and vegetables like wheat, legumes, rye, and oats. Simple carbohydrates include fruits, fruit juices, and sugar.
You should not have refined white version instead have brown rice, whole grain cereals, pasta, and whole-grain bread. Eating whole-grain food will lead to an increase in fertility nutrients like selenium, zinc, and different vitamins which are essential in balancing hormones.
Fiber is very important to keep the bowels healthy. You should eat soluble fiber mixtures like beans, vegetables, fruits, oats, beans, nuts, and whole grains. You will get all the fiber with cereals, whole grains, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
Well, not all types of fat are harmful to consume. The fatty acids in seeds, oily fish, and nuts play an essential role in fertility and help them grow a healthy baby. If the essential fats are not enough in the body then the hormone production will be affected.
Protein is essential because it helps in balancing blood sugar levels, build and repair cells, healthy reproductive function, and manufacture hormone.
Rich-source of protein is oily fish, eggs, beans, nuts, seeds, and pulses. Some of the fertility boosting proteins are sunflower seeds, quinoa, and sesame. Research has also shown that egg also gives a protein boost and eating 5 eggs in a week is a safe option.
This substance is found in food which works as balancing the hormone. They are found in soybeans, chickpeas, and lentils. Heart disease risk is reduced and cholesterol gets low but also helps in balancing female and male sex hormones.
– Vitamin A is helpful in embryo development. But yes, make sure that you do not take in high doses.
– VitaminB6 also reduces the risk of miscarriage and it is found in potatoes, sunflower seeds, peanuts, soya beans, eggs, salmon, mackerel, and mushrooms.
– Vitamin B12 is essential for fertility and you can get them from seaweed, sardines. eggs, and tuna.